Monday, March 2, 2009

SMALL BUSINESSES, IS THIS ABOUT RIGHT?

hello america! please (&, i don't say that often) allow me to take you on a journey based on common sense............................ prior to writing this, i posted the bill that recently passed the house (from gop.gov) & noticed nothing in it to help small business---this is the second bill that excludes federal dollars to help them---

let's say i own a pizza business---pizza by knowitall
let's say i pay rent/lease but, do not own the property
let's say i have 8 employees plus 2 deliverypersons---yes, that's 10
let's say i make payments on a loan for all of my major equipment ie: ovens, fryers, freezers,
coolers, a big hobart mixer, sandwich-making station, soda refridgerators, tables,
chairs, a pizza-making station, 2 52" flatscreen tvs &, a fire retardant system
let's say i have to pay utility bills monthly ie: gas, electric, water & sewage, phone, cable &/or
satelite & garbage disposal
let's say i have to pay monthly for employee health care, employee liability insurance, workmans compensation insurance, employees unemployment insurance &, insurance on my
equipment & services plus an issurance maintenance fee
let's say i have to pay for advertising
let's say i have to pay daily for my produce, bread, soda, etc
let's say i have to pay weekly for my dry goods
let's say my business is set up in an industrial area (24/7) with very high visability
let's say my menu consists of pizza, hoagies, dinners, salads, appetizers, breakfast & beverages
let's say that because of the downturn with the economy, my business has slowly been doing less & less business every day. i've lessoned some my employees hours & find myself
putting in 14-20 per week to compensate &, this is causing a strain on the home-front. i
can't change my hours because of my contract with the industrial developement office
&, i can't afford to raise my prices & maintain the current list of repeat customers. I am
trying not to lay anyone off. i've cut everywhere to save a penny but, it's not helping.
i've gone to the same bank i've been dealing with for the last 10 years & can't get a loan,
&, i'm slightly behind on my payments to them. in fact, they sent me a letter to repo
some of my equipment. WHAT DO I DO?

i depended on obama (NOT ME) to help me out of this mess but, he's doing nothing for
me. it's as if he forgot all about us small business owners. & yet, he talked so much about
helping us when he was campaigning. i am at my wits end. obama seems more
interested in spending taxpayers money on foreign abortions then helping me. was i
wrong in trusting him with my vote? (NOT ME)

at the rate things are going, i will lose my business, which will cause me to lose my home
& probably lead to me losing my family.

america, i feel for you because many small businesses are facing this very problem & obama has no plans to help or save you. besides, in reality, he doesn't need you now & won't, until 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Let's say it is all so interconnected that putting the blame on a person who has been in office for a month is the height of supidity. The financial problems have been looming for years and won't be solved overnight and won't be solve by one single action alone. Hopefully the pizza guy will benefit from the middleclass tax cuts and and those families will spend money on a pizza. Hopefully the extention of unemployment benefits will encourage middleclass families to buy a pizza now and then. Hopefully the jobs created by the stimulus will provide paychecks for those currently unemployed and those families will buy a pizza now and then. Hopefully the stimulus will keep families in their current jobs in education, firefighting, policing,etc. and those families will buy a pizza now and then. There is no silver bullet, it is very complex. We need to be supportive of the existing initiatives and thoughtful about future planning and perhaps coming up with ideas on ensuring the continuation of a strong middleclass in this great nation that we love so much. It is easy to tear down every idea someone else has, it is much harder to come up with productive ideas and solutions.

    ReplyDelete